Monday, October 10, 2011

Correction: I swear I'm not 6 months pregnant

After my last post, I got so many great compliments about how good I looked. Thank you! But, I also got many comments on HUGE I was for being 16.4 weeks pregnant. I agree, I do look pretty large and in charge, but let me clear it up a little bit.
I am ROUND. Very round. I know some women get pregnant everywhere, but I basically (so far) am just getting a round blob on my belly. From the front, it makes me look pretty big (especially when you add a tight shirt and high-waist belt to the mix, and not to mention that perfect belly-popping pose). From the side, I am still fairly small. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am still pregnant, but not 6 months pregnant...more like 17 weeks :). 
So for all of you who were stressed about how big I am so early, don't fret, Laura seems to be a pro at pregnancy shots, because she knows exactly how to make that belly pop :) ! I love the picture she took waaaaay more than this ugly mug that I just took in the bathroom, but here is a side shot of me at 17 weeks and 3 days:

And as for how I am feeling...let's just say I am  not sure how any women gets through pregnancy without an amazing massage therapist. I am lucky I get to go to the chiropractor and have a massage 1-2 times a week...otherwise I might die. I came across this blog this morning, and I think this woman pretty accurately describes what it is like to be just about 18 weeks pregnant: 18 Weeks. WARNING: If you are easily offended, do not read it, she is a little PG-13 but hilariously accurate. 

On to non-pregnancy news. Life is well in the Woodard home. We have been enjoying cooler temps here in california and the excitement of 1970's scary movies on Netflix for October. I am jealous because Brad gets to go to Rhode Island and New York next week on business...which means he will get to see a REAL fall instead of this slightly cool, but no colorful leaves fall that we have in So-Cal. Keeva and I will go to the beach in spite of him. :) 

1 comment:

alyssa said...

hahahaha that blog is seriously so awesome. everything that i don't even have the guts to write on my blog about pregnancy!! (mainly cuz of the in-laws :D ) and um yeah, you're so freakin lucky you get to have a massage every week!! i didn't start getting sore till the end but it sure woulda been nice to really relax every week!