Wednesday, February 27, 2013

11 Months

I actually got pretty sad taking Kai's 11 month pictures, because it made me realize that I only have one more set of these monthly photos to go. The next monthly photo set will mark 1 year! I can't believe it. He is definitely starting to act like a 1 year old now, attitude and funny personality included. This month:
  • He mastered climbing. Nothing is safe anymore. 
  • He also mastered buttons. He loves to push all the buttons on the DVD player, the Wii, and our stereo system. I am nervous he is going to blow a fuse by turning everything on at once.
  • He thinks he is hilarious. He does stuff all of the time to crack himself up. 
  • He is all about sound effects. He growls, makes funny noises, sings and hums to himself, etc. He seems to discover a new noise he can make everyday. 
  • He now has 6 teeth, two of which are small pointed teeth like I had pre-orthodonture. He uses those teeth to chew on EVERYTHING. I am not sure when the mouthing stage is over, but I am personally done dealing with it. He especially thinks I am a fun chew toy, but won't bite Brad, even when Brad bates him. I don't understand.
  • He still loves music and dances and signs anytime it comes on. 
  • He loves to be a faker. He will fake cough or cry or choke just for a reaction.
  • He still isn't walking without help, but can stand on his own and pushes furniture around the house to get where he wants.
  • He is so smart. He amazes me with the things he figures out. I will put 5 pieces of furniture in front of the TV so he can't get to it, and he will figure a way to move them or push them at just the right angle that he gets over or on top of stuff to get to the TV.
  • He is actually pretty obedient. If I tell him to put away his toys, he will put them all in their baskets for me. (Then get them right back out, but that is beside the point.)
  • He doesn't like the snow. We tried to make him a snow baby with the recent blizzard, but he wasn't having it.
  • He is still very mild-tempered. It is rare to see him have a melt-down or get super upset about something. I know, we are lucky.
  • He is down to one nap a day :( but he is sleeping really well at night, and even going to bed at 99 now instead of 1 a.m. like he used to. Also, he lets me know it is nap time by bringing me his blanket and pacifier...pretty adorable.
  • He loves to mimic. He will brush his hair, brush his teeth, pretend to put mascara on like mommy, basically anything I do, he will do. He also mimics words from time to time.
  • He learned the word "yeah" not "yes" but "yeah". If you ask him something and he wants to respond with a "yes" he gives a super laid-back, matter-of-fact "yeah" as his answer. He still says "don't", "momma", "dad", "no" and every once in awhile he'll say a random word we haven't heard, and then not say it again for weeks.
  • He LOVES his Dad. When it is time to pick Brad up at the train I will ask Kai if he wants to go get Dad and he will get super excited, squeal and kick his legs, and then start yelling "dadadadadadadadadadada." 
  • He loves to give hugs and kisses. Poor Keeva can't escape his kisses fast enough. 
  • He understands the word "no" for sure. When you tell him no, or to stop doing something, he usually throws whatever he has up in the air and gives you a dirty look. Stinker. 
Sorry that was ridiculously long. I want to remember everything about my baby at each age before he gets too big. Here are the photos: 









4 comments:

alyssa said...

stop it, he is not about to turn 1?!?! oh my gosh i love his toothy grin!

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

suuper cute. love the blanket idea, too. and let's get these kids together for a dance party!

Lynn said...

We love our little Kai boy, who is getting so big. That horse used to look so big next to him and now he is already riding it. I am grateful for all the list of things he is doing, since we don't get to witness them for ourselves. Can't wait to see what fun things he does for his 1st Birthday party that will be fun. Love you guys!