Sunday, March 31, 2013

Winter in the Northeast

"Winter is not that bad," they said. "It didn't even snow last year," they said. "You lived in Idaho and Michigan, so northeast winter will be nothing for you," the said. They were WRONG. We started off the winter with a freak snowstorm in October. Then, we got hit with Hurricane Sandy. After that, there was a huge Christmas blizzard, a second blizzard, and then it all melted away. Just when I was getting a little tired of the snow, nor'easter Nemo hit. I thought Nemo was a cute little Disney fish...nope. It was by far, one of the craziest storms we had ever seen. In 24 hours, we got 3ft of snow! 
Brad was out of work for a few days because we couldn't even get the car out. Keeva was loving it, running around and getting stuck everywhere, and Kai was not as keen on it. The whole experience was pretty fun, but insane. We camped out inside, took some adventures outside to play, and just enjoyed the time together.
After this massive snow melted, we had another blizzard (aout 1.5 feet) a few weeks later! It has been kind of fun...I will say though, if I never have to go through a winter like this again, I wouldn't be sad. I am pretty sick and tired of the snow/hurricanes for sure!

This was every few hours from about 4 p.m. to 8 a.m.

 Kai and at the back door
Tree in front of the house 
Parking lot, that is our car with the wipers up 
 After-math in the neighborhood
 Front door
 Kai didn't really like it
 Keeva was so excited
 This is why we couldn't leave for a few days
 Yes, that is snow lined above the window
Exit of the parking lot

4 comments:

alyssa said...

HOLY CRAP, so much snow!! i wouldn't like it either kai.

Britney said...

Sooooooo I know you want to complain and all about the winter there. But, come on, you live in BOSTON--I'm eternally jealous and am having trouble feeling sorry for you.
Even though, truthfully, that snow looks awful.

Grandma Cher said...

I won't complain any more about our winters! That is crazy!!! Your dog looks like a little wiener dog out in the snow... when I saw him in your house I couldn't believe how big he was!

Rachel Elder said...

Ha ha oh my heck! Ths is nuts! At least you had some fun adventures:)