Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St.Patrick's Day!

I absolutely love St. Patrick’s Day. I love celebrating the rich culture that goes with it and I love love love to cook, decorate, and plan for the big day. I treat St. Patrick’s Day like most people treat Thanksgiving. It is a big event with lots of food, fun, and family!

Today, I went all out. Did I go overboard? NEVER! Well, maybe a little bit… but I’ve seen worse :) I think the event turned out pretty good. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and everything (well almost everything, but I will get to that in a minute) turned out splendid!

We all had so much fun getting it ready, eating, and then not as much fun cleaning it up. For highlights and how-to's on the decorations and the food, see my other blog : http://krystalscreations.wordpress.com/

The weather was absolutely beautiful. Sunshine, 60's and it's only March! St. Patrick's Day is kind of fun for Brad and I because it marks 2 years now of being together... and now our 3rd St. Patrick's Day as a couple. On this day... or the weekend before... 2 years ago, he sent me a message on Facebook asking me to change my relationship status to "in a relationship." Romantic, I know haha.

Here are some highlights from the fun day.



the table/ cuteness

Even the entire lucky care bear family showed up for the occasion

This picture kind of speaks for itself

Yeah, we are kind of cute

red hair on a green holiday, couldn't be more perfect

cute family, minus Jenny... sorry the sun kind of blew it out

Bradley and Angie playing out in the sunshine

Too bad St. Patrick's only comes once a year. I would celebrate year 'round if I could. Maybe someday I will celebrate St. Patrick's in Dublin... someday in my dream :)

2 comments:

ailinh said...

Your St. Patty's party are always so fun. We missed celebrating it with you all!

Amy said...

It was wonderful Krystal, you did a fabulous job! We love ya!