My baby is 5 months old. When did that happen? And, where was I? Regardless, he is our big boy now. He has grown so much and his crazy fun little personality is coming through more and more each day. Some new developments this month:
- He is teething. No tooth yet, but plenty of chewing, whining, slobbering, and a day of fever.
- He really wants to crawl. He still scoots and drags his arms and head across the floor. Eventually he will figure out that it is much more comfortable to use his arms. Oh well.
- He is learning to talk. I SWEAR I AM NOT CRAZY. I was an early talker too. Kai says "mom" "momma" "Br-Ad" "whoa" and "no." The other day I was saying "no, no, no" to him playing a game and he as clear as day repeated back "no.' No lies.
- He loves to stand. We can prop him against anything and he will hold on and bounce up and down like he's dancing.
- He laughs all.the.time. Seriously, Brad was worried that there might be something wrong with him because he laughs so much. (Don't worry, I assured him that this is a good thing).
- He loves Keeva, his best friend, and she is evidently way more interesting than mom and dad.
- He begrudgingly eats peas and sweet potatoes now. He still loves rice cereal best.
- He is learning that gasping for air is a funny trick to get mom and dad's attention. He will gasp like he can't breathe and when we run to him he laughs like it is the funniest thing he has ever done! Little stinker.
- He is painfully shy. If anyone tires to get him to smile at them, he hides in mom's shirt.
Here are some pictures of the big boy. He is now growing into his 9 month clothes! We are 2 days from the move so his cowboy stuff is packed. Therefore, moving boxes make a great backdrop. Check this ham out: