Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Get this kid OUT!

Now before you go judging me and saying "the baby will come when he is ready" or "You still have 2.5 weeks" or "don't rush it", listen to my side of the story! 
Monday morning I went to my usual weekly pre-natal appointment. I was sure I would have made some progress because I had been having some pretty intense contractions throughout the past week. I was also sure that Hezekiah had dropped, because there was some pretty constant pressure in my pelvis and I was peeing even more than usual. Unfortunately, there was NO progress. No dropping, no dialating, no effacement. My Dr. was a little concerned because she said at this point she would have liked to see him at least drop and be preparing for birth. She then measured to see how big he is and she just looks at me and goes "Wow. That is big. He has really grown A LOT this week huh?" She even commented on the stretch marks that are now all over and weren't there last week. Well turns out, according to her measurements, he was measuring at 42 weeks (I am 37) . She ordered an ultrasound to make sure this was correct and check to see if it was just excess fluid... and if it wasn't, to make sure he had enough fluid. 
The ultrasound tech looked at me and assured me that is was probably just extra fluid and no worries. That was until she started the ultrasound. She kept re-measuring everything to be sure that it wasn't wrong. This baby is HUGE. His head is measuring at 43 weeks, his body at 39-40, and he is in the 91st percentile for weight at almost 8lbs! Basically, if he continues to grow at this rate, he could be over 11lbs. if he is born at full term. As for fluid, he has just the right amount (not too much, not too little).
It was kind of fun to see him since our last ultrasound was at 20 weeks. He is a chunk, with every available space filled with fat. We got to see his face, his hands and feet, and even checked out his heart for awhile. The ultrasound tech seemed impressed with how "mature" his heart was at this point and his development is great. 
Now, we are just waiting to see what the Dr. says on Monday at my appt. He is perfectly healthy staying in right now, we are just worried that he is not going to be able to come out. If I am still not progressing by Monday and if the Dr. determines his head to be too big for my pelvis, we may have to consider other options to get him into this world.
Brad is thrilled because we wanted a fat, healthy baby. I am also happy that he is so dang healthy, I am just on the uncomfortable side. I guess this is what I get for having such an easy pregnancy. As for now, I am sitting, waiting, moving as little as possible (I am so big it hurts), and just hanging out hoping this little guy decides to come today. Wish us luck! 

Don't let the smile fool you...I am not feeling happy about this haha. 

9 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Collette said...

Krystal! Hang in there! You look great girl! I can totally relate with you on the stretch marks thing...no fun! But you have a better excuse--Avi was only 7 pounds. I can't WAIT to see this little chunker! Good luck with making decisions. It's hard to make those kinds of decisions, but as the mom, you'll know what's right for your baby. Keep us updated. Love you guys! :)

Rachelle said...

My brother Mark was 11lbs, 5oz when he was born. (Born without a c-section). Unfortunately, babies can get that big, but fortunately, they can still be healthy and be that big. :)

Wendi said...

The last few weeks are the most miserable, and seem to last the longest, but you will look back on it and wonder where it all went.
Glad he is big and healthy! There is something to be said for that! We had a NICU neighbor who was 12lb 3oz when she was born. Take care!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You look stunning! I am certain he will be too. I'm so glad that he's such a healthy little chunk. You're being a super amazing holder for his life. I hope birthing goes a little easier than he's trying to make it sound. ;)
love you!

Britney said...

Woah belly!! I felt the same way. At 36 weeks I was already dilating and almost fully effaced and the doc was all..oh ull go real soon..and the freaking kid was a week late. Anyway, hang in there. Sleep tons. Take lots of baths. And keep growing that little chunker :)

Tracy said...

I'm all for an early birth :) I have my suitcase packed! I love you!

Rachel Elder said...

Oh my heck! That is a big baby dude! You look awesome even though little H is a chub. Fat babies are the best anyways:) Glad you and him are healthy. Can't wait to see him!!!

Mindy said...

Krystal, we share the same due date and like you, I would do just about anything to get this baby out of me 2 wks early! I went to my appt. and my Dr. told me I am measuring one week bigger. I cant imagine how you must feel. I hope things start progressing for you. Good Luck!