Sunday, October 7, 2012

Michigan!

At the end of August, we started our trek across the country to relocate from Newport Beach, CA to Boston, MA. It was the longest drive of my life, and having a baby and puppy in the car did not make it any easier. We stopped in Michigan (after almost 4 days of driving) to spend a week with my family.
I hadn't realized how much I missed being in the mitten until we got there. In the past 5 years since graduation, I have only been home for a couple days here and there, maybe a week and half accumulatively. That is way too long to be away. 
We had so much fun! We went swimming at the country club, watched a lot of football, saw old friends, went to the cider mill and had a "speedy-weeny" roast, and hung out with the family. To make the trip even better, Grandma Smart was in town too! It was a blast and just nice to be home again.
 Downtown Detriot
At Buffalo Wild Wings
Brook & Bay
 Yates Cider Mill
 Samron
Family (minus Bridger who was on the field)
Mother and son
Kai and his Grandpa
 Bridger's team got to play at Ford Field downtown, and I got to wear his jersey :)
Mom and Sammy Jo
Kai and his Great-Grandma Smart
 Bandana Boy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOODNESS! That's my aunt and uncle! You have magical super powers. That photo will have to go in my hallway (too bad Bridger isn't in it too)

Rachel Elder said...

That looks like such a fun trip! You need to update your blog more girl! Kai is just the cutest, and he is getting so big. I loved seeing all the pics of your fam, I miss them! We got to see Sammy for a sec yesterday, it was fun. I wish you all lived closer! But glad to hear you made it safe to Boston:)