Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Kai's first Halloween

I love Halloween. Actually, that is an understatement. I am obsessed with Halloween. It is my favorite day of the year, rivaled only by St. Patrick's Day. I was so excited for Kai's first Halloween because I hope he learns to love it as much as I do. This year we got a special treat, and Brad's parents came to spend the holiday with us. As usual, my decorations were up in September and the perfect costume hunt was on. We decided to go to Salem, MA for the day because it seemed like the most logical place to spend Halloween. We had a blast. It was seriously crazy out there, full of awesomely strange people making their spooky pilgrimage. Kai seemed to really enjoy it and even loved his costume. I can't wait for next year (I am thinking of getting him a costume for each day of the month)! 
Brad helped me cut and hang all of these bats

 My homemade wreath, I was so proud

Kai's favorite decorations

Yes, I made a hat for my bird figurine 

 Brad and I as Dia De Los Muertos sugar skulls

Us in Salem Cemetery with our monster

 Creepy Brad, Kai was a little weirded out by him 

 Real-life ghostbusters!

Lynn and Jeff with Frankenstein 

Hillbilly trucker and cowgril 

Creepy me 

Adorable monster 

He loves his pumpkin 

No comments: