Monday, January 7, 2013

9 Months

My baby is no longer really a baby. I have been trying to figure out when scientifically a baby is considered a toddler, and the best definition I found was "when they toddle". Well, Kai toddles, so therefore Kai is a toddler? I am still trying to decided how I feel about this. He is so much fun, and constantly on the go, but at the same time, my little sweet baby is no more. This month was pretty magical with Kai's first Christmas. This month:
  • He poses for pictures. He has been doing this for a long time, but now he totally hams it up when you get out a camera. 
  • He figured out how to use the iPhones. This really freaks me out because I feel like it took me way longer to figure out my phone, and at 9 months he can do it. 
  • He mimiks. Brad and I need to watch what we say because he copies. At first we thought it was just coincidence that his babbling sounded just like what we were saying, but it happens to often now to be coincidence. 
  • He wants to walk. He uses everything around him to walk his way around the house, and has even taken some steps on his own. Just a matter of time.
  • He has an attitude and tells me NO and DON'T. I don't really appreciate it, but it is kind of cute. 
  • He gives lots and lots of kisses.
  • He is learning to be soft...but is really bad at it. Kai has a habit of hitting really hard and bitting (poor Keeva is his most frequent victim) so we are working on being soft. He will be soft for a minute and then go back to kid crazy hitting, followed by kisses at least. 
  • He is learning to sign. He only signs back "to eat" in his own modified way, but he really seems to understand our signs. 
  • He is non-stop. It is impossible to keep an eye on him because he climbs everything and is dang fast. I'm in trouble. 
  • He waves at strangers. He is still super shy but he is starting to wave at strangers as long as mommy is near by. 
  • He dances. It is our favorite parlor trick. Any song brings on his pelvic thrusting and now head bobbing and arm waving.
  • He eats anything and everything in sight. No food (or toy for that matter) is safe from his jaws. He loves weird things too like curry and peppers. Strange baby. 
  • He is getting too tall. I am having to hide my stuff because he is tall enough to reach everything. 
  • He has full blown conversations. These conversations are sometimes with us, toys, the air, food...We can't actually understand him but he does use many different facial expressions, hand gestures, and nodding. 
And now for the photo dump: 
 Smiley boy and his dog
Can you tell me has a cold with that runny nose?
 Concentrating on walking with his motorcycle
 Tall boy
 Excited to be riding his motorcycle
 Cheesy smile
 Rolling away from the camera
 So handsome 
 Look at those teeth 
Goofy smile 

3 comments:

alyssa said...

he's so cute! i've pretty much decided that everton's not a toddler till he's officially 2 yrs old. yet he'll forever be my baby. and i love signing with everton! i just wish we taught him more. it's crazy that kai eats curry and pepper!!

Lynn said...

He is getting so big. Poppa is going to love the motorcycle photo, what a cute riding toy. I miss him so much, thanks for the update...it helps our aching heart!!! :)

carole said...

Thank you again for sharing with us. It is hard to be so far away from you, but this helps us to feel
like we are experiencing his advancement first hand. We love and miss you all.