Sunday, February 15, 2009

First Valentines Day

Brad and I just celebrated our first v-day together. It was a lot of fun! I woke him up with breakfast in bed and then sent him on a scavenger hunt of heart shaped clues that eventually led to his present, which was an easel. He has been talking about how much he needed one for a while so I thought it might be nice :) I also made him a homemade card (amazing I know coming from the girl who can't craft)


*** The easel picture has the picture of me that Brad spray-painted***

After my census bureau test, Brad surprised me with flowers and the best present ever.... a hot pink fishing pole! I have been talking about how much i enjoyed fishing so I thought it was a really sweet thought! He also got me the most adorable card:)

Later we made baby back ribs **they were on sale** it was delicious!! It was also fun to cook together :)

After diner we went to stake conference, which was really nice. They talked about love a lot and it was actually a really uplifting thing to do on Valentines Day

After the conference Brad had another surprise: He rented the movie "Nick and Noras Infinite Play list" and had chocolate Martinellies with giant wine glasses! It was really sweet and a wonderful evening.
Definitely the best Valentines Day ever!!




3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun evening! I'm proud of my brother for being so romantic! And I'm proud of you for being so crafty! Sounds like a fabulous Valentine's Day! We miss you both and hope you're doing well!

brightonislove said...

thats fun! i loved our first valentines day too :)

ailinh said...

You guys are so sweet. That baby back rib looks really good. I wouldn't dare try to make it in my own kitchen... I might burn it like I did the crockpot dish. o_0