Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recovering Turtle

So Bebot wasn't eating. And then he wasn't really swimming or playing or basking so I got worried. I did some google research and found out that he was extremely sick. He was breathing with his mouth, which meant his respiratory system was failing. We found out that the water he was in was too cold for him so it was sending his body into hibernation!!
I immediately put him in hot water and then Brad and I went and bought some plants for his tank and a heat lamp.
I watched him all evening hoping that he would eat something and recover. Slowly he started getting more playful and active so I put in some carrots and a little piece of scrambled egg to see if that would catch his eye.
When we went to sleep he still hadn't eaten anything (3 days of no food :( ) But when I woke up this morning to check on him, ALL of the food in his tank was gone and he was swimming around like a new turtle!!!
I think it is safe to say he is on the road to recovery.....now we just have to figure out how to help him swim a little better

2 comments:

ailinh said...

Poor, sicko Bebot! It'd be wrong for me to say I'll pray for him, but secretly... I will.

Amy said...

Oh poor thing! I'm so glad to hear little Bebot is doing so much better! He's a cutie! :)